Are you working on a startup and trying to understand key financial concepts and terms? Do you need advice on how to raise funding or extend your existing financial runway during challenging economic times?
Join U of T Entrepreneurship for an interactive, in-person session where you can get your banking questions answered in a safe and supportive environment. The session will be led by Nishant Raizada, Director of Technology and Innovation Banking at Desjardins, and topics covered will include:
- Commercial finance main concepts (loans, lines of credit, asset-based lending, cash advance, invoice financing, etc.)
- Options to finance your startup (bootstrapping, grants, venture debt, angel investment, VC )
- What is venture debt and how can it be structured?
- Government programs and tax credits for founders
- Importance of cashflow management
Q&A: We welcome you to submit questions in advance when you register.
Food and refreshments will be provided.